Group Technology & Customer Solutions (GTCS) comprises of Group IT & Procurement, Group Change, Enterprise Portfolio Office, Enterprise Architecture & Technology Simplification, Group Payments & Business Continuity Management, Group Data & Analytics Office, Group Information Security, GTCS Risk & Compliance.
Description of business unit
The Strategy and Transformation Division is responsible for the development and execution of the Bank`s transformation agenda through the implementation of key enterprise-wide change initiatives.
The Group Data Modelling Team sits within the Group Data and Analytics Office (GDAO) within Strategy and Transformation. We have responsibility for capturing and understanding the semantics of the data used by the Bank and organising that into Data Models that are understandable by Bank personnel, both business and technical.
Data Models are produced at both Business and Technical levels. In particular, the Team manages the Business Data Model (BDM - an extensive logical model of the Bank`s data and its inter-relationships), logical and physical models for the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and the rules for how data is to be encoded into (and hence queried from) the EDW.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Group Data Modeller, you will be responsible for development of key Bank data models at both the business and technical levels e.g. the Business Data Model
* Production of key Bank Data Models aligned against the BDM and following the defined Data Modelling processes, standards and documentation;
* Development and Maintenance of model structures, meta-data and diagramming and production of model releases.
* Mapping of source data structures against the key Data Models
* Support the Group Data Modeller in developing a Data Modelling Team and developing internal modelling capability more broadly across the Group
* Problem resolution with appropriate escalation to the Group Data Modeller to ensure timely remediation
What is the opportunity
You will be responsible for development of key Bank data models via interaction with major change and/or regulatory programs e.g. BCBS, SRB.
Support the development of robust processes, standards and documentation for Data Modelling
Work closely with the Group Data Modeller to develop a Data Modelling Team and enhance internal modelling capability more broadly across the Group.
Be heavily involved in transforming the Bank's reporting and data analytics processes and capabilities through the development of standardised and integrated data stores.
A minimum of 5 years of proven business, logical and physical data modelling experience for a large complex enterprise, both development and maintenance, with a pragmatic balance between business need and modelling approach.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Extract accurate user requirements and be able to relate those to already available model content or prototype required extensions to existing.
* Communicate developed model content to business users
* Creatively solve problems with innovative solutions, where sometimes a `template` or process does not exist.
* Leadership skills and proven ability to develop a pipeline of talent
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
* Experience of Banking Industry Data Models, in particular Teradata FSLDM, will be an advantage.
* Experience with both normalised (Inmon) and denormalised (Kimball) approaches.
* Expertise in Erwin data modelling tool; also experience of MS Office, in particular Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Visio.
* Experience of data integration and/or migration will be an advantage.
* Independent and decisive with willingness to challenge, and tenacity and resilience to ensure divisional accountabilities within a Group model and approach.