2 days per week in London or Manchester
2 stage Interview
Car allowance and annual bonus
Jefferson Frank are proud to be supporting a leading consultancy within the defence space who are looking for an AWS Developer.
If you have an SC Clearance it MUST be active, you also must be willing to undergo a DV Clearance
Eligible candidates are accepted
As a key member of a Software Engineering team, you'll be working with our National Security Customers to build systems that support their core mission capabilities. You'll work as part of empowered, autonomous DevOps teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services on AWS. You'll be encouraged to identify new ways of solving problems and get to work in a range of different teams across our customer organisations. You will work in a small team given as much ownership and responsibility as you have the appetite for but part of a much bigger Engineering community to give you the support you need to grow in your career.
We fully embrace DevOps ways of working in our teams, and build a very broad range of capabilities for our customers. We therefore value Engineers who enjoy playing a role in the full delivery lifecycle and are flexible to learn and pick up new technologies and approaches. You'll be playing a role in identifying the right technologies to use for the job and be supported with training as needed through access to services such as Pluralsight.
It's an amazing time to join our team to help shape our customer's exciting cloud adoption journey. Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you'll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the security of the UK.
You will have experience in many of the following:
* Plenty of experience in AWS and experience in solving complex business issues; Regarded as an AWS subject matter expert
* Demonstrable expertise with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda, RDS, KMS, ELB, SNS, SQS, IAM
* Scripting abilities with languages such as Shell, Bash, or Python
* Good coding experience of at least 1 Lambda compatible language
* Proficient in Infrastructure as Code technologies (eg CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform)
* Source controlling your code with Version Control Systems, for example Git, Mercurial, Perforce
* Great communication and problem solving skills, and a desire to learn new technologies
* Working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc)
It would be great if you also had experience in some of these, but if not we'll help you with them
* AWS Certification at Associate level eg Solution Architect, Developer or DevOps
* Expertise in microservices and API design
* Docker, and container runtime platforms such as Kubernetes, EKS, ECS etc
* Strong understand of operational concepts on AWS, particularly monitoring and observability, FinOps
* Utilising CI/CD tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bitbucket, in order to streamline delivery of new features and fixes
* Continual testing of code using Automated Testing Frameworks
* A working knowledge of Linux, networking, routing & firewalls etc
How we will support you
* Work-life balance is important; you can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working, and many of our roles include hybrid working enabling a mix of working from home and in the office
* You'll get 25 days holiday a year and the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
* Our flexible benefits package includes private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
* You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey at the organisation.
* You'll be part of our company bonus scheme
* You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
if you have the required skills, please send your CV at first instance.