SC AWS Architect | Outside IR35 | 6 months | Fully Remote | 2 stage Interview
Jefferson Frank are proud to be supporting a London based consultancy who specialise in highly complex operating environments. Our clients are looking for a hands-on Security Cleared AWS Architect, mainly coming from a Platform Engineering background.
Active Security Clearance is required!
omeone who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritised issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically, and professionally.
* Design and develop core infrastructure for large-scale applications using AWS services like EC2, VPC, IAM, EKS, Lambda, etc.
* Evaluate systems for security, scalability, observability, and operational excellence.
* Write secure, testable infrastructure-as-code with tools like Terraform & Terra Form Enterprise.
* Continuously improve architecture and processes to ensure stability, performance, and security.
* Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and outages.
* Mentor engineers and set technical direction for infrastructure teams.
* Monitor systems health, tune for optimal efficiency and manage technical debt.
* 7+ years of experience designing, operating, and supporting large scale systems on AWS.
* Deep hands-on expertise with a wide variety of AWS services.
* Proficiency writing infrastructure-as-code and using CI/CD tools.
* Experience with containers, container orchestrators like EKS.
* Knowledge of observability tools and monitoring best practices.
* Ability to identify and mitigate risks, security issues, bottlenecks.
* Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex concepts clearly.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
* Experience operating infrastructure at scale with high-traffic web applications or Big Data Applications.
* Knowledge of programming languages like Python, Go.
* Familiarity with application architectures like microservices.
* Practice implementing security controls and compliance policies.
* A customer-focused mindset and passion for technology.
* Experience with config management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Packer, Vault, Consul etc.
If you have the required skills, please apply with your CV at first instance.