I am currentley recruiting for the below role.
Role - Data Engineer / DBA
Rate - £400-£500 a day (Outside IR35)
Contract Length - 12 Months
Location - Fully Remote
Start Date - ASAP
The client is currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Contact Data Engineer to join our team and assist their customers with database migration services. As a Contact Data Engineer, you will be responsible for advising and assisting the customers in analyzing and migrating their on-premises database environments, such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines, to Open-Source Engines like AWS PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB.
* You will partner with customers to analyze on-premises database environments and provide expert guidance on migrating to Open-Source Engines on AWS.
* Consult with customers to optimize the design of their database environments, analyze complex distributed product deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance.
* Advise customers on the configuration of AWS Services to achieve desired performance levels.
* Assist customers in importing representative data sets, including sample anonymized production data, into AWS Services to support testing activities for the in-scope application.
* Collaborate with customers to perform end-to-end transaction testing for the in-scope applications running on AWS Services in non-production environments.
* Evaluate the general system performance of the in-scope applications running on AWS Services
* Strong experience in database migration services, specifically with Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open-Source Engines on AWS.
* Proficiency in AWS Services such as AWS PostgreSQL/MySQL, RedShift, DynamoDB, and related tools.
* Excellent understanding of database design and optimization principles.
* Ability to analyze complex distributed product deployments and provide recommendations for performance optimization.
* Familiarity with AWS performance configuration and best practices.
* Prior experience in importing and working with large datasets for testing purposes.
* Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot database-related issues.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Contact Data Engineer to join a dynamic team and work on challenging projects involving database migration services. If you are passionate about leveraging AWS Services, optimizing database performance, and delivering high-quality results to customers, please apply and I will be in touch.