Job Title: Senior Ruby Developer
Location: 100%. Remote Office based in Cape Town
Salary: UP TO R120KPM
Are you a senior developer with a flair for Ruby, AWS and architecture? Are you Looking for the opportunity to work on large scale projects in a fast-paced environment? Are you seeking a clear progression path that you will be supported on 100% by my client?
My client has a unique culture, they are highly people centric and are extremely invested in the success of their employees. The working environment is supportive and empathetic and appreciates the importance of a work life balance, you will rarely work overtime! The main projects that you will work on is the transactional system that my client operates on, without this system the business cannot function- very interesting work!
As a Senior Developer you will have high levels of empowerment, you'll be very involved in the strategy and what technology your team uses. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, keep reading!
* Ruby (5+ years)
* Angular (5+ years)
* AWS and GCP
* Recent architecture experience
* Team lead experience is a bonus
* A Degree is a bonus
Good to have
* Excellent knowledge & experience with REST API design, implementation and testing.
* Knowledge of micro-service-based architecture principles, pros and cons
* Highly skilled at designing, building & troubleshooting distributed, asynchronous, queue-based systems
* High bar for quality of software implementation
* Proficient with OO design and SOLID principles
* Ability to lead the architecture competency, focusing on the back-end, front-end a bonus
* The Ability to mentor the team around architecture principles suggested and adopted
* Take full accountability for the performance, reliability, scalability and maintainability of all implemented architecture.
* Demonstrable experience identifying security gaps in systems and implementing solutions to fill the gaps.
* Proficient with storage design and implementation (SQL, NoSQL, files).
* Strong understanding of networking in the cloud (DNS, load-balancing, CDNs, proxies, routing, gateways).
* Coding ability at the senior engineer level and ability to mentor more junior developers on coding best practices and software design.
* Ability to articulate and motivate for complex architecture principles to peers and business stake holders.
* Understands the trade-offs between cost, build vs buy, cloud vs on-prem and make credible proposals to business for any new architectures
* In depth understanding of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS in the cloud
* Demonstrable experience with several cloud services.
* Ability to build ci/cd pipelines to increase efficiency of the SDLC.
* 100% remote working available
* Regular performance reviews
* Performance bonus's
* Medical aid
* 20 days leave
* Competitive salary
What we will do
We will provide you with a series of challenging projects together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Most importantly, we will give you the opportunity to work in a culture that is energetic, passionate and innovative and you'll get to work with some of the most impressive people in technology! Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovation to our team and we will give you an environment full of challenges to flourish in, Flaunt you're expertise!
If you believe that you meet the criteria of this role and could be the perfect candidate do not hesitate to send you're CV ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling on your application, We would love to hear from you!
Jefferson Frank International is the leading Open-Source recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
For any further information or enquires please contact