Cloud Engineer (Mid level and Senior)
Mid Level - up to £55,000
Senior - up to £80,000
"You will be working in one of the fastest growing and dynamic areas of the bank and supporting us in delivering an exceptional cloud infrastructure for all our customers. You'll help to define and establish a continuous delivery approach on our AWS cloud platform. You will be working closely with other members of the agile community with the Bank, including the Product Owner, Solution Architects and other DevOps Engineers supporting and developing the bank's cloud infrastructure. As a technical expert, you will be expected to coach and mentor more junior team members and be provide recommendations for improvement to the Cloud Operations Manager"
Role & Responsibilities
* Help lead on the delivery of best in breed cloud services to the bank within a Cloud function.
* Deploy and configure production systems, with a particular focus on automation, ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability and security.
* Collaborate with other DevOps Engineers to design, implement and evolve automated pipelines in the cloud.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to junior colleagues within the team
* Act as a 'go to' person for the Cloud Ops manager for any technical queries
* Take a lead role in design, collaborating with product owners and architects to ensure that solutions help customers and achieve the Bank's goals
* Understand operational impacts to architectural Cloud decisions
* Monitor new features/functionality and assess their Ops implications to continuously improve services.
* Ensure Identity and Access Management controls are in place and strictly adhered to
* Execute tests of all technical changes before deployment to live
* Triage support questions & diagnose specific query performance issues
* Monitor infrastructure by setting appropriate thresholds and react to event driven alerts appropriately.
* Discover and recommend ways to improve reliability and efficiency
* Perform other integration and Dev/Ops activities for Cloud Operations as required.
* Maintain an overarching service dashboard and reporting
* Produce and maintain documentation of support processes & resolutions to known operational issues.
* Participate in a 24/7 on call rota as required
* Line manage, train, coach and mentor other team members
Skills & Qualifications
* Be experienced working with Agile delivery teams in a fast paced, DevOps environment
* Have a solid understanding of AWS
* You will take a best practice approach to writing infrastructure as code. Testing plays a crucial role in our products and so experience in writing automated tests and pipelines is a must.
* Substantial experience in Terraform and one or more programming languages
* Be diligent and positive about tracking (JIRA), system monitoring, security, auditing and other ways of ensuring the quality of the platform and the processes around it
* Good understanding of source and version control tools such as Gitlab
* How to support prioritisation and how ticket queues work
* Demonstrable operational KPI management
* Good understanding of Service Operation & ITIL responsibilities
* An up-to-date understanding of Cloud technology base and a general understanding of other technology bases.
* Be kept abreast with developments in the IT industry, in particular around Cloud providers & services.
* Experience and proven track record as a member of a Cloud team within an Operations function.
Interviews are commencing immediately, if this is of interest please reach out to Steven at Jefferson Frank by applying below, or reaching out on Linkedin for a confidential discussion: https://www.linkedin.com/in/steven-mckay-â~ï¸-837431207/