Role - Interim VP, Data
Contract Length - 6 Months
Location - 3 days at home, 2 days in London
Start Date - ASAP
The client I am working with is looking for an Interim VP of data. Data is so key to the client's multi-product strategy to attract and say yes to more customers.
The VP of data is responsible for the definition and execution of a group-wide data strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders from across the organisation. This role must also be forward-looking to anticipate future data needs for the client and keep up to speed with industry trends and emerging technologies which can help us to advance.
You will be reporting to the CTO, and you will need to be a credible, senior leader who has the experience and impact to take the client through the next phase of our data capability evolution and lead the Data Platform, Data Engineering and Data Product product teams.
What will you be doing?
* Define and implement the client's group-wide Data Strategy ensuring alignment with the broader Group Strategy and Technology Strategy.
* Lead the definition of Data across the group to drive and measure progress against intended outcomes
* Own the execution of the Data delivery roadmaps across Data Platforms, Data Engineering and Data Product
* Optimise the operating model between data teams to drive greater effectiveness, and efficiency and maximise the impact of our investment in data capabilities
* Lead a cross-functional Data Working Group to ensure collaboration and alignment across the organisation on data strategy, quality, governance and risk
* Lead and develop the Data Platform, Data Engineering and Data Product teams, driving high performance and excellent execution
* As a key member of the Technology Leadership Team, you will help shape the future direction of the function as we set ourselves up to support a multi-product business strategy
* Build and maintain strong relationships at senior and executive levels across the organisation to understand and shape their planning to take full advantage of our data
* Proactively problem-solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What they are looking for
* Ability to create a compelling vision for all matters of data and to engage across organisational domains to secure support and commitment to that vision - driving innovation and technology and culture change
* Experience in developing and executing data strategies that have driven real value in the organisations they serve
* Excellent communicator who can interact with internal stakeholders and external partners.
* Excellent influencing and communication skills, demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
* Help cut through ambiguity during times of ideation stage to market delivery through effective influence (up to board level)