AWS Solutions Architect
Hybrid work from home (2 days on site)
Leading cloud technology consultancy
up to £75,000 DOE
Solution Architects shape and define solution architectures for clients. These architectures are used to define project plans, manage detailed design, inform technical risk analysis and support estimation.
My client work with a client from the earliest stages of a project (potentially in a presales capacity) through to delivery and 'go live'. They provide technical leadership and support to the Programme Director or Engagement manager. As a member of the solution architecture team, you will bring a mix of technical skills, industry insight, business acumen and leadership. You will forge close working relationships not only with our architecture and engineering teams in UK and India, but also with the many other disciplines in the business such as engagement managers and account executives. You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative, custom solutions for their clients.
What you will do:
* Work on some of the most bleeding edge cloud-native architectures in development today.
* Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
* Support estimation, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader.
* Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to ensure solutions are built to reflect your solution vision and make the best use of current development practices.
* Maintain technical relationships with clients and technology partners.
* Be a trusted technology adviser to clients as well as to colleagues.
What they are looking for:
* Excellent knowledge of exploiting at least one major Cloud platform (pref. AWS) for delivery of cloud-native solutions.
* A self-motivated desire to continually learn and improve.
* A strong background in Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient and secured applications.
* Exposure to and some experience of working with structured architecture approaches (e.g. TOGAF).
* Experience of working in collaborative teams.
* Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology.
* Working with distributed, off-shore delivery teams.
* Microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns.
* Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
If this sounds of interest please apply below or get in touch with Steven from Jefferson Frank directly at:
P: 020 3808 7281