This is a full-time, salary position in Austin, TX.
Relocation is not available at this time.
FTE Only / No C2C or Visa Sponsorship Available
We are looking for someone with deep Android and mobile development experience.
Role & Responsibilities
* Oversee the development of the company's product
* Collaborate directly with the CEO, designers, and developers (remote)
* Manage, audit, and, occasionally, write high quality code
* Lead the development of new Android applications and features, as well as improving existing applications
* Lead the development of an Android custom ROM and applications and their integration with back-end APIs.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
* Strong knowledge of the Android SDK, Jetpack, Kotlin, Java
* Understand device idiosyncrasies, Android Enterprise profiles, working with low-level Android (i. e. writing launchers, messaging apps, modifying basic UI)
* Hands-on knowledge of the Android development ecosystem (Firebase, AndroidX, AWS SDK)
* Experience or familiarity with AOSP and Generic System Images
* Strong knowledge of Android / Material UI design principles and best practices (Material components, …)
* Understanding of concurrency, performance measurement, and tuning, caching and offline storage and the Android app lifecycle
* Strong understanding of integrating with back-end data sources like REST APIs and cloud messaging services (Firebase)
* Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
* Knowledge of accessibility, security and user authentication
* Experience with setting up and deploying staging/production environments
* Ability to translate business requirements and data into technical requirements and code
* Unit testing and debugging skills