This client is looking for an Engineering Manager to strengthen their current team!
This business delivers some of the world's top TV streaming services directly to consumers and partner with creators and distributors to enable them through every aspect of setting up their own OTT service.
By building a globally distributed video streaming platform, they protect generations of creativity to come through high quality, safe and legal distribution. The platform includes web apps, infrastructure, architecture, media services, operations, latency, reliability and so on.
Now they need to build software that will handle large loads while keeping low response times and correctness. My client wants their platform to be up for the challenges of the real. Their platform and services are in a state of continuous development and improvement and they want to keep it that way.
Here you'll be managing an engineering team of up to 8 people, taking on leadership responsibilities within your assigned area, including team delivery, productivity, quality and efficiency.
You'll also be
* Providing mentorship and regular feedback on performance to the team members.
* Proactively communicating about plans, milestones, progress and potential issues with stakeholders.
* Proactively addressing bottlenecks and obstacles encountered by the team in order to manage expectations regarding delivery and timelines.
* Identifying and applying best practices for the team's technical platform and direction.
* Understanding how the team's products and components fit into current and future customer value, workflows and offerings, from a technical and business perspective.
* Working effectively across documentation, testing, development and releasing software continuously.
* Continuing to be hands-on with programming and testing to develop and improve the distributed video streaming platform as part of the team.
You should have:
* Background in software engineering, with at least 5 years of experience
* Must have experience of successfully managing teams of 4+ employees in software product development, with at least 3 years experience
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Fluent English - Written and Spoken
* Swedish Work Permit/EU Citizenship
It would be nice if you had:
* Experience and strong interest in building a DevOps Culture
* Strong in distributed systems and service-oriented architecture for scalable web services
* Strong background with Cloud Native Software landscape & Amazon Web Services
* Strong background in Scala (functional programming) or Python
* Experience in SaaS and video streaming software development
* Know how to use analytics, how to read graphs, logs etc (so from tooling it can be Postman/Insomnia or similar, Kibana, Datadog/Grafana or similar, SQL)
How They Enjoy Work
These guys work hard and love what they do, promoting fun at work and maintaining a start-up culture. An ambitious group of about 50 people, everyone's opinion matters here, and they enjoy flexibility in working and fika of course!
You will be based at their office in central Stockholm and you'd get:
* 10% pension,
* Breakfast every day
* Social environment
* Loads of after works and gatherings
* 30 days' vacation
Want to join them?
Please send across your CV as soon as possible!
If you have any questions about this role you're more than welcome to contact Jenna Owens (Recruitment Consultant) - email@example.com