My client combine technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere get better care. To do this, they have created a unique partnership with the NHS that delivers a return to our partner Trusts and unlocks the value of clinical data for research while safeguarding patient privacy.
They are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic Cyber Defence Specialist to help us enable the business to deliver on our mission to accelerate medical research and improve patient care.
Reporting to the Head of Cyber Defence, you will be responsible for enhancing cyber resilience to ensure information assets and business operations are safeguarded against modern threats.
You will focus on the design and implementation of cloud-based security solutions to support project teams, corporate security and business processes across our Azure hybrid AWS and Office 365 environments.
In addition, you will be required to support security operations related to threat detection, response, and adversary simulation.
* Salary paying up to £100kpa
* Company share option scheme
* 5% employer matched salary sacrifice Pension scheme
* Life Assurance & Income protection
* A range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefit plans including BUPA, Gym and holiday trade options
* Electric Vehicle & Cycle to work schemes
* Proactive career development planning
* Design, implement and manage Microsoft Azure/AWS and Office 365 security solutions.
* Support product, engineering and IT teams in secure solution design and implementation.
* Provide expert insight and guidance to project teams relating to cloud solution architecture.
* Design and architect secure solutions to support applications, services and infrastructure.
* Enhance information governance, data protection and data loss prevention capabilities.
* Document and enforce processes relating to security policy and best practices.
* Maintain security posture, perform identity and access management, remediate vulnerabilities, implement threat protection, perform security incident detection and response.
* Manage operations across Microsoft's security stack including Azure Sentinel, Azure Security Center, Azure Defender, Defender for Endpoint, Defender for Identity, Defender for Office 365.
* Facilitate penetration testing activities and work with QARA to ensure security risks are documented and managed appropriately.
* Subject matter expertise in implementing security controls, threat protection, managing identity and access, protecting data, applications and networks in Azure cloud and hybrid environments.
* Experience securing cloud-based applications, services, and infrastructure in Azure.
* Ability to implement enterprise-wide security controls within the Microsoft ecosystem.
* Deep understanding of networking, encryption, secrets management, authentication methods, API security, virtualisation, digital certificates and storage account security.
* Ability to perform security automation and orchestration.
* Knowledge of scripting and query languages such as PowerShell, C#, KQL, SQL or other.
* Proficient in threat detection and response across hybrid environments.
* Familiarity with security and compliance frameworks such as ISO27001, CIS, NIST.
* Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500) or similar certification is desired.
If this role sounds like it could be for you or you would like to now more then please submit your CV to email@example.com or call me on 0203 808 7282.