- We are looking for a Senior System Administrator to lead the support and implementation of new technologies. You will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of the existing and future corporate infrastructure. Through your in-depth experience across various platforms, you bring an enthusiasm for creative thinking and solving technical challenges with your team, with a commitment to documentation that is written with stakeholders and users in mind. As Senior System Administrator, your role will be integral to supporting scientists, engineers, and developers by troubleshooting day-to-day problems, maintaining business applications, and ensuring a secure and highly available systems environment.
Role & Responsibilities
* Setup, configure, and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of multiple Unix distributions deployments running on physical and virtual environments
* Manage corporate virtual environments across multiple locations including storage, configuration, licensing, monitoring, capacity & performance overview
* Implement and maintain NetApp storage array including installation and upgrade of ONTAP System Manager, network integration, and configuration of volumes and snapshots for performance
* Own the production server infrastructure, including upgrades, backups, performance tuning, fault resolution and capacity planning
* Manage Active Directory running a Unix environment including group policies and user accounts
* Support corporate system audits by maintaining accurate, comprehensive documentation and providing timely responses to requests
* Ensure maximum up time by addressing critical issues as they arise, and utilizing excellent troubleshooting, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
* Effectively manage time and priorities, delivering projects on schedule and communicating issues proactively
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field, preferred
* Extensive hands-on experience installing, configuring and administering multiple Linux distributions, particularly Ubuntu and Centos
* Strong working knowledge in architecting, building, managing and upgrading VMware vSphere (6.5+) environments
* Experience with VSAN and other common technologies used in a VMWare environment
* Strong scripting skills, especially Python and Bash
* Well-versed in fiber channel, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, IP, zoning, and masking
* Adeptness with NetApp storage array administration and configuration management including ONTAP software installation and use, volume creation, migration, and performance tuning
* Experience with system security requirements and server hardening practice
* Working knowledge of Windows Server administration, Active directory, Certificate management and AWS
* Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, and enthusiasm for the Ginkgo mission
Help make there mission "make biology easier to engineer" become a reality!