Lead Software Engineer (VP) | Northampton | Remote Working | £65,000 - £80,000 (Base)
I am engaged with a leading Investment Bank who are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Software Engineer, ideally with a 'full stack' development skill-set, to come in and take up a leadership role within the business.
You will be expected to operate in a hybrid capacity, managing a team of Software Developers whilst at the same time focusing on hands on engineering and architectural discussions. You will also be expected to act as a key driver within the business for the promotion of engineering best practices and methods including Agile (Scrum), DevOps and CI/CD.
Although this role is based out of their HQ in Northampton, the working pattern will remain 100% remote for the remainder of 2020 and will then likely involve 2/3 days' remote working per week next year. This is obviously subject to change due to the evolving situation with COVID, so applicants who can commute into Northampton and are happy to do so will be preferred for obvious reasons.
In terms of the requirements for this role, I have tried to keep this short as I don't want you to have to read my own version of War & Peace! However, some of the key skills required include:
Skills & Qualifications
* Proven track record delivering commercial software applications using the Java technology stack (specifically Java 8-13, Spring, Maven, JMS, Hibernate, JBoss etc.).
* Wider experience of programming languages including Scala, Python and C++. This is not an essential skill but candidates with a diverse background are always a positive!
* Experience working with Web-based technologies such as HTML, CSS and Bootstrap.
* Experience interacting with RESTful Web Services and APIs, as well as experience working with development tools such as Git, Jenkins and Confluence.
* Understanding of Agile/Scrum methods and experience working with both DevOps and CI/CD processes.
* Understanding of OOP, SOLID and Design Patterns.
* Experience working with Microservices architectural patterns.
In return, you will benefit from a range of core benefits and perks including the following...
* Discretionary annual bonus (usually 10-20%) based on both personal and company performance.
* Employer pension (employer contributes 10%).
* Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays. You can also buy/sell additional holidays.
* Flexible working hours and the opportunity to regularly work remotely.
* Private healthcare plan and life assurance.
So if you like the sound of the above role and would like to find out more information then please reach out. You can get in touch with me via the following:
* Telephone: 0191 338 7540
* Email: email@example.com
* LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain confidential and all applications submitted will be done so with full candidate permission, therefore fully compliant with GDPR.