VP - DevOps Lead / DevOps Manager | Manchester | Remote Working | £70,000 - £80,000
I am managing a hybrid position, essentially a mix between DevOps Lead and DevOps Manager, on behalf of a leading Investment Bank in the Manchester area. Sitting at VP-level, this position offers an exciting opportunity to get involved in a hugely strategic program of work focused around Cloud and Automation, leading a team of DevOps Engineers whilst at the same time working closely with the technology.
The role is based out of their HQ in Manchester (just a short walk from Manchester Piccadilly), however will remain fully remote for at least the next 3-6 months. Moreover, post-COVID, you will still get 2/3 days' remote working per week and additional flexibility can be discussed, so don't let concerns of that nature stop you from getting in touch.
Speaking of the role, it will essentially see you work across numerous pillars within the business, liaising with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) whilst acting as an SME for all things DevOps and Automation. This role requires somebody with a genuine passion for technological innovation and is an excellent opportunity for somebody to help shape a technology roadmap for one of the most recognisable organisations in the world.
But enough about the company and enough about the role. This, like any good advert, should be about you and what you need to bring to the table in order to progress this application.
So rather than simply copying and pasting the JD, I have highlighted the key criteria you need to hit:
* Cloud Technologies: First and foremost, you need proven experience working with one of the major Cloud providers, with preference given to candidates with strong experience in AWS.
* Containerisation Tools: Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Rancher would be preferred.
* Configuration Management & CI/CD: Experience working with Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet and Chef.
* Linux Experience: Proven experience working with Linux & Red Hat.
* Mentoring & Coaching: Finally, due to the fact this is a Lead Engineer position, proven experience mentoring and coaching others is desired.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive base salary (between £70,000 - £80,000) alongside a non-contributory pension (10%), annual discretionary bonus (10-20%), private healthcare and flexible working hours.
So if this advert has been short enough to make you think 'I want this job' then why not apply? To do so, please use the following...
* LinkedIn - 'Liam Haghighat'
* Office - 0191 338 7540
* Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.