Our client is currently undertaking a comprehensive modernisation of their entire way of working - technologically, inter-personally, inter-departmentally, and culturally. As such, they are looking to hire some top-drawer web development talent with proficiency in Node.js, PHP, and a major cloud provider (AWS is preferred, but other options are acceptable)
They are shifting their entire focus towards a completely product oriented mindset. The plan is to create small, highly efficient teams who can focus entirely on one particular product. These teams are going to be made up of a handful of developers, a product owner, and both a business, and data analyst.
All of this combines to provide an incredibly rare opportunity to do a number of things; work for a globally recognised media institution, embark on a revolutionary journey to the clouds, and also acquire a keen understanding of the financial and technical influences on your daily life as a developer (ambitions of Product Owner? Then fire off an application!)
Be part of a transformation that will reshape the way millions engage with media as a whole, work closely with analysts and utilise your high level of technical know-how to translate business needs into an IT reality.
Imagine the problem. Build the solution.
Role & Responsibilities
* You will be involved in the fragmenting of a monolith into smaller, individual pieces to improve efficiency, speed, and increase optimisation.
* You will work as part of an Agile Scrum team alongside equally talented developers, juniors who will need a mentor, and business analysts; offering an opportunity to rapidly acquire and hone a very rounded skillset.
* You will work the whole projects life cycle; building complex solutions from scratch based on highly customisable sets of requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
* Strong experience with Node.js is essential, with PHP experience being looked upon favourably
* Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Web Applications is required
* Experience working with CMS is essential (Labrador is a huge benefit to your application)
* Experience working with Cloud technologies (preferably AWS)
* Great salary and benefits package - coming from one of the most stable companies on the planet
* A strong social environment where teams and close-knit colleagues flourish
* A rare opportunity to join a behemoth in the media industry on their journey to become cloud-native
Interested in hearing more?
Send an introductory email with a professional reference and details of your most recent project to: -