The Impact You'll Make in this Role
We're looking for a strong Senior Java Engineer to contribute to a high profile microservice ecosystem that improves the existing products within the organization and deliver better applications.
The opportunity to be a member of a dedicated and innovative team of developers that are making a difference is only one of several benefits of this position. You will be a key contributor for a mission critical application and working primarily on a large enterprise US federal government project. The project will involve work within the AWS GovCloud environment primarily with AWS services and technologies.
Benefits to the resource chosen for this position are as follows:
* Opportunity to work with a strong team of developers to do meaningful work that makes a difference in Healthcare
* Will gain a thorough understanding of healthcare transactional data
* Will be key contributor to a system that is critical to the organization
* We are a team that is dedicated to innovating, create and appreciate the team members that work here.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Design and Development of high quality, efficient, maintainable Java code in a team environment with challenging deadlines
* Utilize Scrum development methodologies for Agile development
* Work and cooperate with team in design, development and code review meetings
* Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with company values and ethical standards.
* Complying with corporate policies and procedures while acting in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, the role requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university OR High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the software industry in lieu of the Bachelor's degree education requirement
* Five (5) years of software development experience in Java
* Three (3) years of building Enterprise Restful architecture
* One (1) year of experience with a Search technology (e.g. Elastic, solr, …)
* One (1) year of AWS experience working with core services like S3, EC2, RDS.
* Working knowledge of running complex ETL
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
* Experience with cloud architectures and large-scale, high volume hosted applications
* Experience with the Java Spring framework
* Experience with Kubernetes
* Experience with the Apache Kafka or similar
* Experience working on Government contracts with DoD or VA
* Experience with Test Driven Development and testing frameworks like JUnit
* Experience working in an Agile environment with strong test automation
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts and information on both user and technical level