Location: Cape Town, South Africa.
Salary: R110,000 + benefits
Job type: Permanent
Could you be the next Cloud Engineer for a leading web hosting company? Are you an experienced Linux system engineer, that could join a team that specialises in development and maintenance of a high performance Linux and cloud hosting solutions? This is an exciting opportunity for you to apply your advanced Linux engineering skills, and to be apart of a large scale managed hosting environment.
Are you open to relocation? The client would love to explore this further with you.
The Job Role
* You will collaborate with diverse tech teams
* Build and maintain a reliable, fast, secure and scalable hosting infrastructure
* You will be apart of a fantastic hosting platform that holds long term value in the market
* Translate customer requirements into robust innovative solutions.
* Passionate about quality and high standards
* Gets the false economy about interim solutions
* Demonstrates passion for technology to serve operational and client requirements
* Able to acknowledge when they have made a mistake, and deal with it accordingly.
* Tenacious about troubleshooting
* Understands and contributes to the power of a cohesive team
* A strong sense of ownership for getting the job done
* Gets the devops mindset
Qualifications and Experience
* 2+ years backend/API software development experience in a *nix environment
* 5+ years with a successful track record in Linux HTTP and database server engineering
* Experience as the last point of call for escalations
* Solid virtualization and cloud infrastructure experience
* Passionate about at least one automation tool (eg. Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform)
* Has contributed to an open source project
* Exposure to a variety of application frameworks/software languages.
* Life cover
* Disability cover
* Income continuation
* Funeral benefit
What we will do:
We will provide you with a series of challenging projects together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Most importantly, we will give you the opportunity to work in a culture that is energetic, passionate and innovative and you'll get to work with some of the most impressive people in technology! Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovation to our team and we will give you an environment full of challenges to flourish in, Flaunt you're expertise!
If you believe that you meet the criteria of this role, and could be the perfect candidate do not hesitate to send you're CV ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling on you're application, We would love to hear from you!
Jefferson Frank International is the leading Java recruitment firm, advertising more jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users Globally and by specialising solely in placing candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the South African Market and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
For any further information or enquires please contact