I am working with a leading banking organisation who are looking for a Solution Architect with / E2E Designer. Must have significant real-world experience of defining enterprise wide technical solutions and driving them through to delivery.
The successful candidate will lead and be accountable for solutioning and end-to-end design activities for projects across the software development life cycle.
They will be required to:
* Define and document technical solutions spanning multiple applications / products and technologies, aligned to the bank's strategic architecture principles
* Lead the liaison with business clients and wider business teams in helping to shape initial ideas into requirements that are sufficiently comprehensive to support effective system development.
* Support design and integration activity throughout the end-to-end software development life cycle.
* Drive collaboration across the component design and build teams, ensuring that they understand and follow the defined design.
* Ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications and alignment to architecture strategy are maintained throughout delivery.
Essential skills and experience
* Expert in architecting solutions across disparate technologies to achieve the complex business objectives of multiple business areas.
* A proven track record of thriving in an unstructured, ambiguous environment; adept at varying own styles to influence the optimum outcome.
* Experience of managing a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing their conflicting objectives in to a pragmatic solution and deliverable release schedule.
* Financial services business and applications knowledge.
* The ability to present complex technical ideas (both written and verbal), anticipate potential objections and persuade others to adopt the most appropriate view.
Preferred skills and experience
* Banking experience is preferred but not essential.
* Exposure to Cloud technologies. AWS Solution Architect certification - foundation level or higher e.g. Associate level is desirable.
* Exposure to API design strategies both for internal and external customer usage
* Experience of working with service management teams or an understanding of ITIL principles.
* Application/Infrastructure/Enterprise Architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF.
* Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.