One of our major customers is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer that will help establish their DevOps practice further. You will report directly to the VP of Information Technology to identify and establish DevOps practices in the company, headquarters in Edinburgh.
They are looking for someone to help build a scalable cloud infrastructure to support their various technology initiatives. You'll implement monitoring for automated system health checks. Also, you'll help build their CI/CD pipeline, and train and guide the team in DevOps practices. Prior experience being responsible for managing and maintaining SaaS integrations is key.
Role & Responsibilities
* Build and maintain highly available production systems.
* Design and configure continuous integration systems
* Build out test and production environments via infrastructure as code automation
* Create and enhance application and infrastructure monitoring
* Develop cost optimisation strategies
* Assist in the architecture, design, implementation, and lead AWS public cloud build (connectivity, network, security, containerisation, monitoring)
* Automate infrastructure provisioning to stand up servers, install software and applications
* Manage storage, compute efficiency, and optimisation activities, including evaluating the configuration of compute size, storage solutions, and other services (network services, automation, and load balancing)
* Assist with Integrations with SaaS systems.
Skills & Qualifications
* Background in DevOps, Software Development, Site Reliability, or Systems Engineering
* Public Cloud Infrastructure Expertise (AWS)
* Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure, from applications & databases to hypervisors and networking.
* Linux System Administration