Linux System Administrator - Glasgow
Up to £59k DOE - Up to 3 days remote working
My client have a brand new opportunity available for a Linux System Administrator. They provide full stack infrastructure provison from solution design through to product support.
What we're looking for:
* Administration of Redhat Products, especially RHEL 6 & 7.
* Building, configuring, and maintaining production environments, including standard networking preferably using Red Hat Enterprise Linux as the Operating System.
* Scripting and automating complex tasks.
* Chef or similar (ansible, puppet),
* Strong knowledge of server side networking (TCP/UDP/Multicast).
* Working knowledge with Data Science/Hadoop and Cloudera and Elastic would also be preferable
What will you be doing?
* Build, support, and monitor co-located servers and select campus server infrastructure.
* Regional escalation contact for all hosts.
* Troubleshoot and debug incidents related (but not limited) to application, server, network, and automation
* Maintain and expand supporting infrastructure and automation mechanisms
* Liase with the business/application areas to capture requirements.
To apply or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785.
***Everything discussed will remain confidential***