Job Title: AWS Senior Big Data Engineer
Day Rate: £450- £500
The Position: Our client are currently recruiting for a Big Data Engineer who is required for a new project based in central London. The successful candidate would be exposed to the full development life-cycle, as well as have the chance to work with the latest in big data technologies and analytical tools. The successful candidate will be working with an existing team of engineers and new starters being led by a CTO who is well-respected within the industry who has previously spoken at various events within the Big Data space.
* Develop, maintain and improve their cloud data platform and autonomously plan, design, monitor, communicate and execute data projects
* Assist the analytics teams in the implementation of their machine learning use-cases
* Evangelise about their data platform, products and Data Engineering capabilities with other departments in order to bring more relevant data into their eco-system and develop future data-products that solve real business problems.
Skills & Qualifications
* Degree/Masters educated and/or equivalent qualifications
* A minimum of 4 years' AWS Big Data experience
* Proven deliverables in implementing machine learning models
* Experience in big data technologies including Spark, Hive, Hadoop
* Ability to work closely with stakeholders and communicate concisely at all levels
* Knowledge of Cloud technologies AWS/GCP