Data Engineer (Mid Level) - Central London
£50k - £60k
My Client are a product-based company situated in Central London and operate within a range of industries delivering their SAAS platform to provide Data insights to their customers.
This role is for a mid-level Data Engineer, who will sit amongst a team of Data Engineers & Scientists to contribute to key greenfield projects within the organisation. You will most likely come from a strong Software Engineering background, where Python will be your bread and butter, including an understanding or exposure to its libraries such as Pandas, NumPy and Sci-Kit.
In addition to these fundamental skills, you will have worked with either the Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and be confident to to apply your knowledge of different services, selecting the right tool/technology for the job.
The client work with a large variety of the Hadoop eco-system inclusive of Kafka and Spark. This is a great opportunity to learn a range of new technologies which have proved to be highly in-demand amongst the UK Big Data and Analytics space.
Role & Responsibilities
* Data Engineering - ETL, DWH, Queries, etc.
* Collaborating with Data Scientists, Stakeholders, C-suite
* Applying knowledge and expertise related to Cloud and Data technologies
* Attendance of training and development programmes to up-skill
* Mentoring junior employees
Skills & Qualifications
* Good commercial experience with Cloud technologies (AWS or GCP)
* Python (Pandas, Sci-Kit, NumPy), SQL
* Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
* Databases, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, SQL
* Degree in Computer Science or related IT, Mathematical, Scientific field.
* Certifications are desirable but not essential.
* Competitive salary between £50,000 and £60,000
* Discretionary bonus
* 25 days holiday + Bank
* Season ticket travel loan
* Flexible working hours
* Access to employee perks and benefits, including high street and Gym discounts
For more information, please contact ALEX from Jefferson Frank on:
(01918147445) or (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jefferson Frank - We work with AWS professionals worldwide to find the perfect employer to match their skills and career goals, with teams specializing in Big Data, Business Intelligence, DevOps, IaaS/PaaS and security. We are part of the award-winning Frank Recruitment Group that has worked with over 30,000 businesses globally, and have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market.