A Principle Data Engineer is needed for a growing business based in Edinburgh where the right person would be exposed the the full development life-cycle as well as have the chance to work with the latest in big data technologies and analytical tools.
Situated within the city centre, walking distance from Waverley, this role will have both office-based and remote opportunity as well as a great work-life balanced championed by the businesses founder.
You will work within a strong team of existing engineers and new starters including being led by a CTO who is well-respected within the industry. You will be a leading figure within the team and be a big contributor to the direction technically the business is moving within. The business are keen on their employees being immersed in the community as a whole and actively encourage/fund conferences and TechTalks.
Role & Responsibilities
* Develop, maintain and improve their cloud data platform and autonomously plan, design, monitor, communicate and execute data projects
* Assist the analytics teams in the implementation of their machine learning use-cases
* Evangelize about their data platform, products and Data Engineering capabilities with other departments in order to bring more relevant data into their eco-system and develop future data-products that solve real business problems.
Skills & Qualifications
* Coding language experience with either Python, Java or GoLang
* Experience in big data technologies including Spark, Hive, Hadoop
* Ability to work closely with stakeholders
* Knowledge of Cloud technologies eg. AWS, Azure, GCP
* 33 days holiday
* Free Gym, group discount, Cycle2Work scheme
* Great Pension
* Private Healthcare
Jefferson Frank are the global leaders in AWS Cloud Recruitment. We specialise in Big Data Engineering/Architects/Analysts and recently attended Big Data London, Cloud Expo and Re:Invent where we showcase the latest in AWS Cloud trends.