Data Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
* Experience on AWS and the practice of AWS services.
* Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
* Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
* Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
* Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
* Defines company data assets (data models), spark, sparkSQL, and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models.
* Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
* Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
* Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.