Job Title: Data Catalogue Lead
Contract length: 6 Months
My client have chosen Collibra as our data catalogue technology. Teams will be making use a range of data engineering products to acquire, ingest and curate metadata into the data catalogue (including Talend and AWS Glue).
Your team will be supporting the cataloguing of a wide variety of data sources including: Omics, Imaging, clinical study, DMTA cycle systems, AI/ML model outputs, literature, sensor data, and external data sources.
This will include implementing metadata models, building governance workflows, automating granting of access and building out APIs. You will have a close working relationship with our Metadata Lead and Information Architects, as well as the Data Lake Lead.
* Technical leadership in a data domain,
* You will be able to demonstrate an ability to understand business needs and translate them into a solution,
* You will be able to design and document development best practices,
* You will need great interpersonal skills & a collaborative approach to delivery.
* It is highly desirable that you have experience developing and managing a data catalogue or similar,
* Experience configuring and managing a SaaS system,
* A highly available system,
* Metadata best practices and design principles,
* Legal issues surrounding data re-use, especially in a pharmaceutical organisation (e.g. PII, GxP, primary & secondary use of data),
* Experience of big data, ETL & cloud techniques and tools (we currently use Talend. Redshift (inc. Spectrum), Glue, EMR, HIVE, PIG, Spark, S3, SQS, SNS),
* You have experience of technical leadership in data and analytics,
* Building and maintaining APIs over data services,
* Experience working with systems integrators,
* You are likely to have experience of Agile practices, potentially having been a SCRUM Master.
This is an immediate requirement, please send your CV to email@example.com ASAP