Role: Hadoop Engineer
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Opportunity type: Permanent
My client is one of the largest banks in the world, which has over the years came up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances.
They are now looking for an experienced Hadoop Engineer to help them build a state of art Hadoop-based platform for financial crime analysis.
* Be a custodian of the Hadoop-based development platform while maintaining a productive relationship with all key stakeholders and related platform teams to understand the needs and limitations, and to drive evolution of the platform.
* Work in a team with other Engineers and Developers to identify and implement improvements of the Hadoop and related infrastructure.
* Work with platform teams to implement tooling for the project and for Financial Crime business stakeholders.
* Work with production support group to identify gaps and inefficiencies and delivering fixes.
* You will have an opportunity to learn and shape a complex big data solution for financial crime compliance of large international bank.
* Hadoop cluster hands-on management - having an experience with Hadoop architecture, HDFS, Spark, Hive, and various management tools.
* Natural problem solver - we expect you to learn Hadoop cluster environment, and main technologies, understand key contacts and actively solve the challenges.
* Knowledge of security principles - Linux security model, Kerberos, Certificates - security is a cornerstone of our platform. A solid theoretical background and ideally a practical experience.
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Team leadership or a technical project management experience
* Scripting languages practical experience, preferably Bash or Python
* Software engineering experience - knowledge of how to build solid software would allow you to grow in the role much faster. We are interested preferably in backend java/scala-related experience and proficiency in development tools like IDEs, Git and Maven
* DevOps experience - knowledge of AWS, Nolio, Chef, TeamCity
Successful candidates will be we offered a wide range of benefits which include a competitive salary, pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help them become the very best they can be.
To be considered for this role please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org