Remote AWS Infrastructure Support - AWS Premier Partner
Location: Remote (No travel! & No relocation!)
Type: Fulltime Hire
Start Date: May
Industry: Consulting - AWS
Details: 40 hours a week - work to be done during core business hours of candidate's location in the USA
***Logistics on work hours = 4 working days - 10-hour days = get a 3-day weekend!
* Schedules = Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Saturday
* For the majority all days off are consecutive
* Off Friday and Saturday Evenings
* 24X7X365 Support Role
Visa Requirements: No sponsorship. US Citizen - GC - GC EAD Only
1 Resume & Experience - Zoom Video Meeting (30 min)
2 "Test Drive" (technical interview) - Zoom Video Meeting (60 min)
3 Final Interview - Zoom Video Meeting (60 min)
* AWS services for running production workloads
* (EC2, ELB, RDS, Elasticache, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, Cloudfront, Route53, ECS/EKS, Lambda/API Gateway)
* Experience with Linux & Windows systems administration
* VPC support
* Experience troubleshooting application/infrastructure outages
* Scripting (powershell, bash, python, ruby, etc.)
* Software tools to modify infrastructure (CloudFormation, Terraform, Fugue, Pulumi, etc.)
* Flexible schedule
* Intermediate experience using AWS in production - about 2-years of experience but they're flexible
Key = experience with outages. They have about 3-4 a week with their end-clients.
* As a Managed Service Provider for AWS, they are working with 100s of clients all with different environments. Exposure and knowledge to as many AWS tools as possible is critical.
* Communication! - This person will have to do ticket support, call clients, etc. Verbal & written communication is non-negotiable.
* Preferred to have had experience working overnight/weekend shifts, flexible schedule
* Start-up mentality - don't just stop when running into a roadblock
* Can juggle multiple priorities and work independently of management.
THINGS THAT DID NOT WORK WITH PREVIOUS HIRES:
* Lack of follow-through
* Unable to juggle multiple priorities
* Lack of urgency
* 24x7x365 availability
>> PLEASE READ! <<
1 If interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV/Resume directly to email@example.com
** Subject: "Candidate Submission: Premier Support" **
1 No 3rd party or employer submissions are accepted at this time.
2 No visa sponsorship - all applicants must be a US Citizen
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on AWS cloud technologies. We deal with AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space.
Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.