Data Science Manager - Central London - up to £110,000
My client, a major insurance company based in central London, is looking for a Data Science Manager to join the team. The Data Science Manager will use their excellent understanding of Machine Learning and Statistics to lead the development and delivery of solutions. They are looking for someone with extensive experience building and coaching teams, extensive experience working and liaising with business stakeholders, great understanding of Python, R, modelling and applying Data Science solutions in a commercial context.
* You will be responsible for building a new team from the ground up, develop road maps, and drive business impact through your research
* Liaising with stakeholders to get an understanding of their business challenges and propose appropriate Data solutions.
* Strengthening the analytic function of the data science team through technical leadership, hiring, and developing the individuals on your team
* Using your Data Science, Machine Learning and Python experience to get to the heart of questions
* The ideal candidate should be well versed in quantitative methods, including classical statistics and machine learning approaches.
* Competitive candidates will be very comfortable with at least one computational language (e.g., R, Python). Candidates should be comfortable combing through computational models, machine learning algorithms, and analysing their output.
* Candidates should have demonstrated experience leading data science projects
In return, the company offers a competitive salary, an excellent bonus and package on top and excellent career progression opportunities.