Senior Front-End Developer | Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I am currently partnered with an independent digital agency with sites in London and Newcastle, they build powerful digital products and experiences in partnership with a wide range of global brands.
Key responsibilities include:
* developing high quality front-end code for new builds, and maintaining and developing existing sites
* being part of a digital agency, working with project managers; UX/UI designers; internal, near-shore and off-shore development and QA teams
* being client facing and providing demos to external stakeholders
* building performant, progressive and SEO friendly front-ends that work across a range of browsers and devices
* ensuring front-end applications match the design across desktop, tablet and mobile, and animations, as well as working closely with the UX/UI teams to assess the feasibility of the proposed designs
* contributing to the general high standard of front-end across the business, and taking ownership of improving and maintaining a best practice approach
* working in an agile development team; implementing industry best practice coding standards to ensure quality, whilst delivering projects to time/budget
* providing estimates for future work
* reviewing the work of others in order to maintain a good standard of work throughout the department
* planning, designing and writing automated tests including unit (using JEST) and integration tests
* 5 years professional work experience, including experience working in a digital agency
* extensice front-end knowledge, including responsive web development
* experience building custom animations and parallax scrolling front-end applications
* solid understanding of pre-processors, such as SASS/LESS
* sound working knowledge of React/Redux, Js- React-router/react-transition-group
* knowledge of Node.js
* working knowledge of GraphQL/ Apollo Client
* experience with Webpack / Code splitting
* knowledge of task runners, such as Gulp/Grunt
* strong understanding of version control, ideally Git
* experience running virtual environments using Docker/Vagrant
* awareness of the importance of efficiency and optimisation on the web, particularly with regard to mobile devices
* awareness of the pitfalls of older browsers, and the capability to incorporate graceful degradation
* experience with templating languages such as Jinja/Twig/Django
* degree in Computer Science/Engineering
* experience with AWS / CI/CD / Lambda
* experience with Vue.js or Angular
So What Next?
If this is an opportunity that genuinely interests you, and you believe that you've got what it takes to be a successful candidate, I would be more than happy to arrange a conversation with you to discuss this further.
You can call me on 0191 814 7785. I am also available by email at email@example.com.