Head of Data Science - Central London - up to £120,000
My client, a small consultancy based in central London, is looking for a Head of Data Science to join their Data Science practice. You will have the chance to manage a successful team and have exposure to a different array of projects across a number of industries such as Finance, Retail and Insurance. Their offices are in central London with a major station nearby, making it an easy commute into the office. As it's a consultancy you will be required to travel worldwide according to clients' needs, this role will suit someone who enjoys working on clients' sites and travelling and being close to the action.
The client works with major names, to be considered for the role you will need to demonstrate you are extremely motivated to succeed, confident and able to get your point across when needed. Excellent communication skills are a must! You will also need a strong background in Data Science, ideally a minimum of 5 years.
In exchange for your dedication, the client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits!
* You will be responsible for the whole Data Science practice - mentoring junior team members, creating new opportunities and working closely with clients
* You will work closely with different teams to create solutions for clients, as well as presenting them in a professional manner
* You will be able to focus on the delivery of projects and always keep yourself up to date with the latest Data Science updates
* You will mentor and train junior team members
* You will present technical findings in front of non-technical audiences, oversee projects from beginning to delivery and act as a lead on client project delivery
* You will create new opportunity for both the business and your team
Skills we're looking for:
* You will need to have a PhD in Computer Science or related field (Data Science and Machine Learning highly beneficial)
* You will need to have at least 5 years of experience as a Data Scientist and an excellent track record of managing teams whilst being hands-on with Data Science tools and delivering projects
* Experience with Spark and Python, comfortable leading a team and being hands on
* Knowledge of Cloud highly beneficial (They operate with both GCP and AWS)
* Experience leading teams and mentoring junior team members
* Competitive salary
* Macbook Pro
* Unlimited access to online training and certifications!
* Work from home days
* Team events and a relaxed work environment
* Life Insurance
* Health Insurance