My client in Arlington, VA is looking for a VP of Big Data to lead and grow their team. You will hire engineers and scientists as well as have them report to you. Also, you will be planning and creating data road maps for the company.
This company values achieving your career and personal goals. This role is meant to push you forward in your career and allow you to build out your vision of a team.
Role & Responsibilities
* Lead a team of data production engineers, BI engineers and analysts to drive data analytics strategy, development, and implementation across the enterprise.
* Lead the design/architecture, development and implementation of a world-class system
with data ingestion and real-time data streaming capabilities, including data governance
and data integrity approaches.
* Responsible for setting the departmental vision and culture, while championing for the
use of advanced analytics in making key business decisions.
* Drive performance of analytics solutions to impact overall business results while keeping
costs in check and ensuring the business unit remains within the planned budget.
* Understand and manage the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple
business verticals including Finance, Marketing, Operations, Product, etc.
* Develop the vision and strategy to provide short term and long term data solutions to
Skills & Qualifications
* Big Query/RedShift
* Strong Knowledge of Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Algorithms