Big Data Engineer - Greenfield AWS Platform - SE London
This role is currently interviewing and working remotely. However, usually the role is based near Bromley easily accessible from Victoria.
A leading insurance client based just outside central London is searching for talented Data Engineers to join their in house team. The culture at this client is unrivalled, offering opportunity for personal progression and growth, with on the job training, online courses and workshops. Alongside this is the opportunity for flexible working, allowing you to develop your career alongside your home life. You'll be guiding the design and development of an AWS hosted data and analytics platform, working with key stakeholders to promote the use of data within the company. This is an incredible opportunity to develop your career and make a difference to thousands of customers across the country.
Role & Responsibilities
* Design and deploy a Greenfield AWS hosted analytics platform adhering to Engineering best practices
* Working in an agile culture to take prototypes through to functional products
* Working as part of a cross functional team of Data Scientists, Analysts and ML Engineers to gain insights from Data
* Communicating with key stakeholders about business problems
Skills & Qualifications
* Strong programming experience in Python and/or Java
* Confident with ETL tools such as Informatica
* Knowledge of database design and architecture (SQL or NoSQL)
* Exposure to cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
* 9% pension contribution
* Flexible working opportunities
* Heavily discounted insurance for yourself and family
If you are looking to break into a new role and boost your CV working for a household name, get in touch now with your latest CV. The client will be interviewing ASAP and you do not want to miss out.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Big Data & DevOps recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS & DevOps professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.