This solution architect will contribute to the development of the data governance strategy and lead initiatives across business and technical domains to accelerate the value and insights that can be gleaned from our data.
You would be working to actively improve the quality and integrity of our data and tooling as an investment in future capabilities, working alongside data engineers, and the business.
· Identify key business data elements and their attributes including meaning, rules for use, format, and lineage.
· Act as the custodian of data assets; provide oversight of governance activities including data inventories, full lifecycle management, content management, records management, preservation, data quality, data classification, data security and access, data risk management, and data valuation.
· Audit existing business practices to ensure compliance with the organization's privacy and data governance policies.
· Evangelize data governance for the need to have focused, consistent ongoing data initiatives.
· Oversee the design and build of Semantic Data Layers / Reference data to improve ease of use and understanding of key data assets.
· Identify, understand and translate key emerging trends in data management practice across financial services and other sectors.
· 5+ years of related experience
· Comprehensive understanding of database management, data mining and reporting concepts
· Technical competence using SQL, big data technologies, Hadoop, and AWS
· Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Detailed oriented and well organized
· Ability to bridge business and technical concepts to advance objectives
· Use of data visualization tools, preferably Looker or Power BI
Jefferson Frank International is the Global Leader in Amazon AWS recruitment. We've established an exceptional reputation for delivering the top professionals to our clients. By focusing solely on the niche IT field, our consultants are genuine experts, meaning they not only fully understand the market, but have built solid relationships with the widest range of vendors, customers and specialists looking to progress their career. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS Big Data. We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud.