*Please note the client does not offer sponsorship, this role is for candidates eligible to live and work in the UK*
Senior Data Scientist - Reading - up to £85,000
My client based in Reading is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the team. The company is a leader in the financial sector, offering a range of products and operating across Europe, Asia Pacific and the US. It is an exciting time to join them as they are currently transitioning to a completely cloud-based environment.
You will get the chance to work first hand with new technologies, solve interesting Machine Learning problems and act as a technical mentor to Data Scientists and Data Analysts in the organisation. The offices are also conveniently located just 40 minutes from London, so if you're looking to move away from the crowds and rush hour, this might be a good opportunity for you.
* As the client is transitioning to a Cloud environment, you will need to process vast amounts of Data (structured and unstructured) using SQL, Hive and Spark
* You will research Machine Learning solutions and build models (supervised and unsupervised)
* You will be in charge of mentoring junior team members across Data Science and Analytics
* You will code in Python as well as carrying out A/B test experiments
Skills needed for the role:
* Previous experience with Data analytics solutions necessary
* You need to have a deep understanding of the Software Development life-cycle
* Experience building Machine Learning Models
* Experience coding in Python
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Highly beneficial if you have experience with statistical algorithms and Agile methodologies
* Generous bonus
* Pension contribution
* Private Healthcare
* Flexible working
* Food and coffee in the office as well as team events and activities
The client is actively interviewing and looking for someone to start as soon as possible, please apply if you would like to hear more and I will be in touch to discuss your application.