Data Scientist - Edinburgh - £40,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
My client based in Edinburgh is looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data Science practice and work on the creation of analytical applications, which will be used to turn Data into insights. You will get to work in one of the best financial organisations in Scotland and get exposure to great projects utilising the latest Cloud and Machine Learning technologies. As the use of Data is constantly expanding, the company is looking to bring in some excellent Data Scientists who are passionate about constantly learning and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Part of their package includes an educational budget, which means that you will have the opportunity to spend it on certifications or any personal learning you'd like to take part in. They also offer great career progression opportunities within the company, an excellent bonus and pension.
In return, you will have excellent career progression opportunities, an excellent bonus, pension, educational budget and much more.
* You will work closely with stakeholders to gather their requirements, make suggestions and ensure the right tools are being used for the job.
* You will be responsible for building, testing and deploying analytical solutions and make sure, by working closely with the rest of the team, that you are delivering the best solution and apply the right data techniques.
* You will use your knowledge of Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling to make suggestions and provide alternatives for your clients.
* You will need to have experience with either Python or R (R is the main language used but Python is accepted too).
* Experience building Machine Learning models commercially is essential
* Experience with SAS and visualisation skills beneficial
* Any experience with Big Data beneficial
* Previous experience with Financial Services highly beneficial
* Pension contribution
* Employee discounts
* Life Assurance
* Cycle to work scheme
* Access to online training and certifications