Senior AWS DevOps Engineer - Contract
Our client, a leading player in their field are on the look out for 2 x Senior DevOps Engineers to come on board to assist in building highly resilient, scalable and performant AWS infrastructure in an automated and efficient manner.
Role & Responsibilities
* Build and manage a robust and secure AWS foundation platform for the company
* Manage solutions on the AWS platform using specialist infrastructures such as Terraform and CloudFormation
* Configure and manage centrally provided cloud services such as IAM, Operating systems and containers.
* Ensure that platforms adhere to the corporate standard relating to security, governance and documentation
* To be compliant with operational risk standards such as Firewall, Monitoring and Availability
* Build, manage and support continuous integration, continuous delivery and testing.
* Ensure systems have backup and recovery plans which are fully implemented
* Support testing of the systems and platforms
* Update operational and support documentation
* Find faults and support the data and application teams with the faults
Skills & Qualifications
* Hands-on AWS experience within a commercial setting (ideally 2+ years)
* Expertise in AWS Terraform, EMR, EC2, S3, and related technologies
* Understanding of AWS security layers like VPCs/NACLs, Security Groups, IAM roles, etc.
* Clear understanding of building and maintaining data platforms for Data Engineering and Data Sciences.
* Expertise in building Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
* Server and application configuration experience using Ansible
* Automation using Jenkins.
* AWS hosting
* Linux server administration
The interview process will be two stages, an initial telephone call for 30 minutes, and then a 1 hour Skype call. Interviews will be taking place towards to back end of this week so please waste no time in applying if you are interested.