Principal DevOps Engineer - Up to £90k DOE
An Award winning client who have created banks from scratch on Kubernetes and AWS, built streaming analytics solutions that protect the country and built platforms to enable whole organisations to move to AWS and Azure, and everything in between.
They are not after people who want to cut corners and believe in helping our clients to make the right choice for the long-term. They have built their reputation on outstanding delivery to allow their engineers to do the right thing for clients, and not necessarily the easy thing. Innovation is in their DNA, and they encourage their engineers and consultants to work together to think outside the box on how problems should be solved.
* 40/50% hands on
* AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
* Java 8+ and Kotlin
* Solve the problems others cannot
* Interested in attending conferences and speaking at events
* Spend a day a week working on a combination of internal products and your own development
Do you have the essentials?
* Experience working with one of the main cloud providers (AWS, Azure or Google)
* Experience creating and/or maintaining production software delivery pipelines using common CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD, CircleCI)
* Demonstrable experience in automating operations tasks with one or more scripting languages
* Have a drive for self-improvement and learning, including learning new programming languages
* Approach solving problems pragmatically
It would be great if you had these desirable skills
* Experience supporting and operating production systems
* Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
* Familiarity with configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible)
* Python coding skills
To apply or discuss further please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785.
***Everything discussed will remain confidential***