Responsible in working with development teams to make sure cloud architecture and applications are following cybersecurity best practices.
The Sr Software Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with development teams across the organization to influence a Security Culture. A successful Software Engineer will help the team to plan and execute the design of the system, promote a culture of learning and experimentation, work within and guide an empowered team as well as mentor team members. Candidates will have demonstrated experience in Security as Code and Infrastructure as Code as well as be knowledgeable in AWS best practices.
Technology We Use:
* Python, AWS Lambda/Serverless and other AWS Technologies (IAM, EC2, S3, API Gateway, Auto-scaling, SNS, SQS,etc), Terraform, Java, ReactJS, Jenkins, Docker, CSS, HTML, XML / JSON/YAML
* Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
* Design, develop, and maintain an application to monitor, audit, auto-remediate and report on security controllers in AWS Accounts.
* Collaborate with developer scrum team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
* Proficiency in subject matter must be developed. Context and understanding is everything for a developer.
* Participate in Team on-call rotation
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
* 5+ years' experience in enterprise application development
What We Look For:
* Apply knowledge and/or skills of Python and Shell Scripting; cloud technologies and security forensics
* Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures using industry best practices
* Strong Software Design patterns and industry best practices
* Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
* End-to-end ownership of product design to delivery