AWS DevOps Engineer
Locations: Glasgow + up to 4 days remote working per week
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £65k depending on experience
They are looking for talented AWS DevOps Engineer to join their team. Their people are their company and they work hard to give them a satisfying, fulfilling and rewarding experience. They have seen significant growth in the last 10 years, specialising in working with clients across sectors such as financial services, retail, healthcare and local government; with a large number of FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 clients. They can therefore provide a lot of opportunity for career development both in terms of breadth as well as depth.
They are a growing software consultancy who partner with world class technology providers. Their headquarters are in Leeds, but with other bases in Glasgow, the West Midlands and London.
They have a significant and increasing client base, and are looking to recruit highly talented, ambitious and motivated individuals to work on transformational projects.
As well as a competitive salary, the successful candidate will be eligible for additional rewards including profit share scheme, contributory pension and flexible working.
Training and Development
In addition to a competitive rewards package, a tailored development plan will be delivered to suit the needs of the individual and will cover all aspects of the role, including technical and non-technical skills. Support will be provided to gain certifications and accreditations.
* Highly organised, with an attention to detail and an ability to work to deadlines?
* Results driven, focused on objectives - able to turn objectives into action?
* Reliable and punctual?
* Able to demonstrate initiative, ownership and a professional attitude?
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
* Develop solutions encompassing technology, process and people for:
o Continuous Integration
o Continuous Delivery
o Build and release management
* Recommend and Implement solutions. Be totally hands-on and able work independently
* Ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
* Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging processes, techniques and tools
* Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
* Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance and operability in mind
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience across the following:
* Working with AWS in a serverless context (e.g. use of AWS SAM, Serverless, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation, APIGateway, Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB)
* Using development tools such as JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Maven and SonarQube
* Familiarity with software tools which automate or assist part of the development build process
* Hands-on experience of Containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and ECS
* Experience in configuration management and automation tools such as Chef or Ansible
* Knowledge of microservice based architectures and proven implementation experience using Java and Node.js
To be submitted for the role please email email@example.com or call 0191 814 7785 for more information.
***All things discussed will remain confidential***