DevOps Engineer - 6 months + - INSIDE IR35
I am working with a leading Financial Services client, who are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help them build out an AWS environment from scratch.
As a DevOps Engineer you will collaborate with people across the business, from agile development teams to business stakeholders, with the responsibility of designing, implementing and maintaining our cloud infrastructure. You will ensure adherence to security, best practice and corporate standards for all application development, deployment and testing practices. You will design, develop, update and promote standards within the life-cycle management platform, making use of modern software practices such as "infrastructure as code". You help the engineering community learn and grow as industry best practices for DevOps evolve.
What will you be doing?
* Design, develop, and manage cloud-based infrastructure at scale (e.g. AWS, GCP, Docker and Kubernetes)
* Partner with developers to balance performance and resilience, while helping automate build/deploy process (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI)
* Manage and maintain standards for DevOps tools used across the organisation
* Contribute to future design/architecture solutions that directly impact the business
What have you done?
* AWS experience (e.g EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch)
* CDN experience (e.g. Akamai, Limelight, Fastly, etc)
* Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes)
* Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Prometheus, AppDynamics, Splunk, ELK)
* Extensive knowledge of Linux and scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby)
* Analytical mind with problem-solving skills
* Approachable and a proficient communicator across organisational levels of technical and non-technical
If you would like to find out more information to apply for this role, please forward me your CV for a confidential discussion.