Software Engineering Manager
As the cultural capital of Europe in 2020, Galway city not only provides a cosmopolitan place to live but it is also home to a very strong technology sector, with many established multi-national R&D hubs as well as a vibrant start-up community.
Over the past 30 years, this client has been part of this community, delivering industry leading applications. Driven by their customers, many of whom are the largest brands in the world, innovation is part of everyday life there. If you have a passion for technology, are not afraid to take risks and would like the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced, working environment engaging directly with end customers, then this is the place for you.
About the Solutions & Technology Business
This client are a team of innovators in every aspect of what they do and count among them the best engineers, developers, researchers and product leaders in the world of communications technology. They are excited about how the world is technologically evolving and strive to lead new revolutions in how businesses communicate via cloud, artificial intelligence, automation and mobility. Avaya's Solutions & Technology is seeking the best and the brightest to help transform how the world connects.
About the Opportunity
The Solutions and Technologies (S&T) group is looking for an outstanding engineering leader who can leverage their expertise and product vision to help lead and grow their Cloud Contact Center team and product portfolio. As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for delivering customer value incrementally, leading a team of engineers of all disciplines and take ownership from inception through to field support, working with their Engineering, Platform and Product teams in executing toward that vision.
* Collaborate with their executive and leadership team to solidify and advance our positioning as a Cloud first company and leader in the Contact Center space
* Design, deploy and maintain highly scalable systems, tools and processes that are necessary to deliver on a Contact Center SaaS application built on cloud technology stack
* Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
* Passionate about Continuous Integration and Delivery and driving teams to adopt this delivery model
* Experienced growing high performing engineering teams leading from the front, motivating & facilitating
* Strong communicator, voice of the team, communication up, across and down the org.
* Providing technical Leadership
There is endless opportunity available with this client but they do also offer multiple benefits such as Healthcare, Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection and an Annual Bonus
* Experience in a software engineering leadership role; substantial experience as an engineering manager with in-depth knowledge of software engineering and development lifecycle
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong SaaS or Cloud company background
* Knowledge and experience with cloud native applications and architecture, microservices, CI/CD practices and tools; Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development.
* Passion for leading and motivating teams, setting vision and developing highly functioning organizations
* Experience with software-based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
This client is one of the biggest companies in Telecoms which have made some very exciting changes over the last few months. You have probably seen them across the news or read articles on their new project work, so this is definitely one to keep an eye on.
To apply, send us:
* An up to date CV
* Cover letter
If you think you are the right person for the job, or are actively looking for a new position then get in touch @ https://www.linkedin.com/in/gemma-myles-a45050163/ making reference to your job search.
Worth noting, we offer a refferal scheme of 250 euro Amazon vouchers. So if you do know anyone who has AWS or Linux experience and is looking for a new role, if we place them with a client you will receive the vouchers!