Cloud Deployment Engineer
About the role:
The Operations function is concerned with all aspects of service delivery management of the Cloud platform for our client's customers' pre-production and production environments. This includes up time, deployment, administration, and technology selection. They have an opening for a deployment engineer within the Cloud Operations team reporting to the regional Cloud Operations Manager in Dublin
The successful candidate will be part of a global team responsible for the integrity of their Cloud stack in our customer facing datacentres and responding to our fast-paced environment. Key characteristics we are looking for; strong troubleshooting skills, AWS technical knowledge and excellent communication skills. Responsibilities will range from build, deploy, operate and maintain large scale multi-system SaaS environments.
* The Deployment Engineer will be responsible for the oversight and management of their Customer facing applications, infrastructure, and network.
* Performing regular maintenance requests in the environments as part of continuous delivery of new functionality and services.
* Installing updates and patches as needed to ensure the health and integrity of our infrastructure and systems (environments).
* Provisioning new environments on AWS infrastructure for existing and new Customers.
* Enforcing the appropriate security compliance in Customer environments as agreed with their Information Security Council.
* Work directly with customers, operations and engineering to research, troubleshoot, and resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
* Oversee operational activities within all aspects of AWS, to include VPCs, EC2 instances, RDS, volume snapshots and other key technologies
* Experience investigating security issues and / or performance and / or complex operational issues on AWS and Linux using/ analysing system, application logs or network traffic tools where appropriate
* Experience providing system support in a technical environment working with customers, with special focus in system performance and stability (Software as a Service companies preferred).
* Familiarity & Understanding of AWS public and private cloud architecture
* Work experience in a software delivery lifecycle and production deployment team
* Experience with SysOps activities managing relational databases
* Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Ansible, Bash, and PowerShell
If this role isn't for you but you know somebody that may be interested pass on their details as we offer £250 in Amazon Vouchers.
Our client is looking to fill this position ASAP, so if your ambitious and feel you have the relevant skills for this role, get fast-tracked by us NOW.