Web Application Developer/ Software Developer, up to £45,000, Birmingham
Company: This family run company are leaders in content protection solutions and currently looking to expand their growing team with a Web Application Developer/ Software Developer. They are located in the heart of Birmingham and work with some of the world's largest TV broadcasters.
What you need:
* BEng / Meng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience
* Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments
* Relation database experience
* Familiarity with software configuration management (SCM) concepts and version control systems, especially Git
* Knowledge and experience with cloud services such as AWS and application deployment such as Docker would be a bonus
Perks of working for this client:
* Flexible working options
* Great holidays including an extra day for your birthday.
* Grand health insurance benefits will be on offer
* Opportunities to work with some of the largest worldwide sporting and entertainment brands.
* Bleeding edge technology stack.
Day to Day:
You will be responsible for writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best of breed software development practices. Integrating data from various back-end services and databases. Developing functions for data validation and pushing into / pulling from databases / unstructured data stores.
Implementing worker / task runner components, working through a central task orchestration system, to interface with other internal solution components (video fingerprint identification, watermark extraction etc.) and external services (email sending etc.). Creating and maintaining software documentation.
If this is a job suitable for you please get in contact with me via e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: 0191 255 1426 and we can discuss further details.