What we are looking for
As a Senior DevOps engineer you will provide strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to increase efficiency, reliability, and integration of our services and operations.
* Build whole stack ECS, ELBs to databases and launch our projects.
* Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
* Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
* Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
* Lead DevOps Engineer team.
* Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
* Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
* Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
* Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
* Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
* Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
* Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
* Work with open-source technologies as needed.
* Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and TFS.
* Lead the team through development and operations.
* Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
* Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
* 2+ years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
* Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
* Strong experience with databases such as SQL , MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
* Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, ScrumKanbanSAFe, etc.
* Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
* Experience in working with Selenium or equivalent for automation and configuration.
* Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
* Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
* Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
* Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
* Solid team player.