In beautiful Dulles, Virginia, a large and highly respected government defense contractor is currently seeking to bring on a talented Sr. DevOps Engineer. This company is trying to bring someone on who has a passion for CI/CD and the full DevOps life cycle. Additionally this position is looking for an individual who has roughly 4-6 years of DevOps experience, with all the added perks of having a title of seniority. Also, applicants MUST be United States Citizens who are able to obtain a TS/SCI (or better) level of security clearance.
Location: Dulles, VA
Compensation Range: $110k-$140k with sign on bonuses of roughly 20k-25k for candidates who already possess a TS/SCI (or higher) level clearance
- Building, testing, and administering highly available Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster
- Supporting the Ansible Tower enterprise environment including engineering playbooks, training and developing standards and guidelines for engineers in their use of Ansible
- Assisting application teams with on-boarding to the OpenShift platform in areas such as resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support
- Working with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to integrations with other internal systems
- Integrating and automating the program's security posture
- Monitoring hardware, VM and container metrics for the purposes of maintaining cluster health and identifying thresholds for scaling
- Developing and automating repeatable tasks
- Performance tuning of infrastructure components
- Experience working with Red Hat OpenShift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support
- Experience with Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
- Demonstrated skill with at least one or more configuration management/scripting technologies such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory or comparable substitutes
- Experience with a virtualized cloud environment (preferably VMware VSphere)
- Experience with software security, secure coding, or software assurance tools and techniques
- Bachelors degree (or better) in a STEM field (This is a very hard requirement, unfortunately no exceptions)
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber.
If you are interested in this role, please send an updated resume to "b.reddy@JeffersonFrank.com" or call Brian Reddy at 8 1 3 - 4 3 7 - 6 9 3 5 for a confidential conversation about your career. Interviews are currently in progress, so I urge you to reach out as soon as possible!
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS and DevOps jobs than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS and DevOps market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS / DevOps jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Amazon Web Services candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the AWS market and some of the opportunities and AWS jobs that are available I can be contacted about. Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more fantastic Amazon Web Services opportunities!