A global leader in their industry is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their award winning team with passion for IT. They are looking for a candidate who can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
A career with my client is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment.
I am on the lookout for talented Systems Engineer who possess a passion for IT. This is a full-time permanent position based out of the unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
What They Do
* Provide a Global Systems Infrastructure to the Development teams.
* Maintain the Infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
* Constantly review thier processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
* This team is spread across 3 continents, that work closely together, to achieve our goals to a high standard, always.
* Responsible for a Global network of Windows and Linux servers, network, storage and other connected systems
* Windows server installation and administration (Active directory, GPO, DHCP, DNS, DFS/R).
* Linux configuration and administration skills (RHEL/Ubuntu).
* Brocade/Cisco networking - Layer2/3 - Exposure to Fabric would be advantageous.
* VMware/Nutanix/Hypervisor, installation and administration.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
* Self-motivated & confident.
* Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
* Experience with taking projects from planning through to completion.
* Ability to handle high pressure situations.
* Ability to sometimes work flexible hours, occasionally rotating shifts, or out of hours as necessary.