The company is based in Rotterdam and is one of the fastest growing tech / e-commerce businesses in Europe. Having started in 2013 with 4 young guys and a dream, they grew at an accelerated pace to an international tech / e-commerce company with at least over 140 employees, growing at an alarming rate. They operate in the Netherlands, UK, France, Spain, Italy and Belgium.
Their platform serves over 650,000 customers which generates 500,000 orders per year with their e-commerce white label and API solutions utilized by over 65 partners. The platform is now offering 1,000 product groups wit over 9 million standardised product and carrier combinations, ready to order. With their young and motivated team, the company develops new innovative businesses models that challenge the industry.
Your role as a DevOps Engineer you will ensure the company's infrastructure will grow in a fast and sustainable way which is crucial to their success and future. This is where the challenge is and there is room to improve the current processes. You will work closely with the project teams to plan and avoid incidents whilst ensuring production is secured and well tested.
You will be given the opportunity to learn and develop, focusing on the atomisation in the various departments. This position will be great kick-off to your career since you can select your tools, create processes in your way and build them from the ground up.
What You Do
* Your responsibility is the architecture, configuration, management and monitoring. The company works with a modern technology stack: Linux Systems (Debian and Ubuntu), Kubernetes, Docker Containers, Kafka, Postgres/ MySQL on Good Cloud, Neo4j Graph database, supporting languages like PHP, Python, Node configured by Helm, Ansible;
* Close interaction and collaboration with the experienced Engineers and Full Stack Team and provide operations support from their platform;
* Close interaction and collaboration with their third party partners;
* Find ways to improve the performance and security of their whole system
* Assist in automating the streamlining their operations and processes building and maintaining tools which are used for continuous deployment, monitoring and operations.
What they are looking for
* Enough experience to cover the tech stack;
* Passion for automating tasks, using scripts and configuration management;
* Proficiency with database administration and performance tuning;
* Huge plus if you have experience in programming, preferably PHP;
* Have an interest in security on application and infrastructure level;
* Dynamic and flexible which helps you fit within the environment of the company;
* A plus if you have experience with automation and cloud infrastructure;
* Speak and write English fluently
What they offer
* Competitive compensation which includes a bonus arrangement for exceptional outperformance. Their motto is when they win, you all win together;
* Great opportunity to work on the architecture and development of the next big platform;
* Great opportunity with one of Europe's fastest growing e-commerce companies;
* Fast-paced learning curve: instead of tasks you get big challenges to work on, this helps you learn faster;
* An office environment with over 20 nationalities, average age of 28, with and a space where freedom and responsibility are central;
* An amazing office in Rotterdam just five minutes from Rotterdam Central Station;
* Meals are covered by the company- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner;
* 24/7 access to their gym;
* Compensation on travel costs;
* Best hardware and software to work with, and a laptop of your preference (Apple or Windows)
* Opportunity to grow in their Leadership Team. They do not look at age or background, if you are good, you will improve quickly;
* Courses, events and more if you are looking to develop, you have the opportunity;
* The best team events, best champagnes drinks and a Skybar - Need I say more !?
Contact me on +31202418542 or email@example.com