Job: Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Security is critical to our company s success.
As part of our team, you will partner with project managers and technical engineering teams to direct a broad range of corporate security initiatives, while participating in the planning, analyzing and implementation of solutions in support business objectives. Our security team works around the clock to provide a comprehensive enterprise-wide security program, using state-of-the-art technologies to defend against breaches and keep our networks reliable and secure.
The Senior Cybersecurity Firewall Analyst will focus on improving Cybersecurity posture of the enterprise through participation in various Cybersecurity projects and initiatives as well as cyber security aspects of business and IT projects. Position also includes periodic operational support revolving around Palo Alto firewalls.
Ideal candidates would have a strong understanding of enterprise networks, hands-on design experience, and relevant industry certifications. Candidates with a strong Telecom background who wish to transition into careers in cyber security are encouraged to apply.
* Orchestrate in Cybersecurity projects and initiatives
* Candidate increased availability during Storm Mode, wide impacting service disruption events (SDEs), and security response events.
* Represents IT Security organization professionally in interaction with internal business partners and other IT Support groups.
* Interfaces with technical personnel from various disciplines to rapidly resolve critical issues
* Responsible for understanding the global threat environment and general security best practices
* provide continuous improvement of processes and procedures to improve analysis, detection, and mitigation of incidents in support of the overall Cyber Defense mission
* Initiate and drive action plans to address recurring or ongoing information security incidents
* Create and maintain reporting metrics used to measure team performance, ensure analyst adherence to processes/procedures for operational consistency, identify process improvements, coaching, training and professional development of the staff
* Proactively identifies/recommends solutions/resolves potential security gaps
* Participate in the planning and implementation of information security technology projects. Serve as point-person and subject matter expert for issues and projects related Cyber Security Counter Threat Operations
* Bachelors Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, IT or other related degree with five (5) years of experience in a security operations center, military information security and/or systems administration relevant work experience in IT or Cybersecurity OR nine (9) years of related SOC, firewall, network, military and/or IT/Cybersecurity experience without a degree Desired Qualifications
Palo Alto Experience Required
* Advanced TCP/IP knowledge
* Experience assisting other teams with the analysis of application problems
* Current Cisco CCNP, CCDA. CCDP credentials will be verified
* Additional relevant industry certifications
* Network engineering/design/project experience and experience with Wireless network infrastructure support and/or design
* Expertise in providing end to end network design or support
* 7-10 years of relevant work experience in Information Technology
* Extensive fire wall experience needed
* Experience with Syslog, TACACS, Radius, and SNMP
* Working knowledge of NAT design and troubleshooting
* Experience with Palo Alto, F5, Bluecoat Proxy technologies, experience troubleshooting across firewall infrastructure, experience with VPN configuration and troubleshooting
* Experience in Data Center environment
* Ability to carry out daily work responsibilities with minimal supervision
* Proven ability to speak and write about complex technical topics to a less technical audience
* Two-year associates degree in relevant field
* Four-year degree in relevant field #LI-RB1 Travel Requirements 5-15% Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable) No Represented/Union Position No Visa Sponsored Position No Posting