I'm working with a consultancy based in Toronto that develops interactive software and business intelligence solutions for enterprise clients.
They're looking for Senior Big Data Developers with strong Java or Python skills and expertise working with the Hadoop ecosystem for a FT role based in downtown Toronto.
Ideally the successful candidate will be comfortable working with designing tables in Hive or H-Base, building ETL jobs from scratch in Python or Java, and performing data migrations.
JD is attached - If you'd like to learn more please send an updated CV to email@example.com with a good time/day to reach you!
* Senior Big Data Developer
* FT - Up to 145k/yr CAD
* Toronto, ON - Downtown
* 3 round interview process
* Consulting organization specializing in developing interactive software and business intelligence solutions for enterprise clients
* Provide technical expertise in various areas, including but not limited to the Hadoop ecosystem, software and hardware tuning and configuration, and software design
* Document project artifacts and work with staff to establish application framework
* Build ETL jobs in Python or Java that will be processed using the Hadoop ecosystem
* Designing tables using Hive or HBase
Ideal skills & experiences
* 5+ years of professional experience in Software Development or Big Data roles
* 3+ years of experience using the Hadoop ecosystem for ETL processing
* 3+ years of strong development experience using Python or Java
* Strong expertise with data warehousing and data modeling
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
Will give you a leg up
* Strong working experience with Scala or Spark