AWS Senior Consultant Cambridge
Our client is an award-winning SME that is growing rapidly and delivers Cloud solutions to clients within the public sector. The role is in the AWS division which has won awards for its work. They are a team with a good bond and always ensure the best productivity of all their work. Efficient and effective.
Employees work on their own career plans. Whether that is progressing within the role you're in, or whether you want to move around within technologies.
You will report to our Principal Technologist - Implementation and will work closely with our Architects, Project Managers and Consultants.
What you'll be doing
* Using architectural designs to implement new environments and solutions on AWS
* Administering and supporting Linux servers hosted on AWS
* Responding to and resolving support calls
* Developing new design patterns for common infrastructure requirements
* Meeting with clients to assist them with requirements, implementation, etc.
* Creating and maintaining articles in our knowledgebase
* Assisting Consultants in resolving technical issues
* Analysing client infrastructure and planning server migrations
* Keeping abreast of new developments involving Linux server technology, AWS and IaaS
* Contributing to proposals and reports
* Either three years' experience of building and maintaining Linux / Unix servers on AWS with an AWS Associate level certificate or two years' experience and an AWS Professional level certificate. This is flexible however.
* At least three years' systems administration experience on Linux / Unix operating systems with an LPIC 1 certificate. Once again, flexible.
* We are developing our VMware on AWS business so experience with VMware on AWS or with VMware on premise would be useful
* My client wants an individual who can understand a bad situation and still evolve it into something positive. Someone who can coach a team, and work in a high intense scenario and still come out with a win.
* Life assurance
* Pension Scheme - fund match up to 4.5%
* 25 days holiday
* Holiday buy/sell scheme of up to 5 days
* Good working environment, with social clubs